Eckstein Mission Statement
Eckstein is a community of life long learners working together to help students reach their full potential.
Eckstein Vision Statements
Graduates are emotionally healthy, self-confident, resilient, and responsible world citizens ready for high school and beyond. By the time they leave Eckstein, all students will read, write and do math at standard or above. Every Student Achieving, Everyone Accountable.
- At Eckstein Middle School, we share a clear vision of what we must become to fulfill our mission.
- All Eckstein students meet or exceed performance expectations through differentiated curriculum, instructional practices and assessments that recognize and accommodate individual differences and abilities.
- Opportunities to participate in full inclusion classrooms are available to all students.
- Eckstein provides an inclusive, nurturing and safe learning environment which honors individuality, encourages self advocacy, values pride in our school and fosters confident, creative, active learners and problem solvers.
- The Eckstein Community encourages and supports all its members to take on leadership roles within the school.
- Professional Development at Eckstein Middle School is a continuous process which enhances teaching and learning and facilitates each staff member’s professional growth through feedback and the interaction as professionals work together.
- The Eckstein community is highly collaborative and involved in improving student learning. Opportunities for collaboration are built into the schedule.
- Our curriculum is aligned across subject matter and grade levels. We use common formative and summative assessments and apply consistent grading practices to ensure equitable and rigorous standards based instruction, curriculum and assessment for all students.
- The physical environment of the schools is one in which students are able to learn and are proud to be a part of the community. The school and its grounds are clean and neat. The facility is set up to allow students opportunities to learn and enjoy being in middle school.
- Teaching is a public act. Our open classrooms encourage transparency and promote instructional excellence.
- Reciprocal communication between Eckstein Middle School and its families is integral to the success of all students. Our families feel welcome, valued, informed and supported.
- Teachers, administrators, and students are actively engaged with feeder pattern elementary and high schools to provide for a smooth transition.
- Students are provided opportunities to serve their community through projects and activities. Service learning is part of the Eckstein experience.
School Improvement Documents